Submission of the first abstract for LSMU SMD member* is 10 EUR, for others the fee is 20 EUR. In case of submitting more than one abstract, fee of 30 EUR is applied for each additional abstract (including LSMU SMD members). Passive participants who wish to receive a welcome pack and attend workshops must pay a 5 EUR fee.
*Those who have already paid the LSMU SMD fee for the academic year of 2021-2022
The list of the sessions is preliminary and might change after abstract submission deadline. • Anaesthesiology & Intensive care therapy, Emergency medicine • Basic sciences & Pharmacology: Anatomy, Histology, Biochemistry, etc. • Cardiology • Internal medicine: Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Nephrology, Infectious diseases • Neurosciences: Neurology, Neurosurgery, Psychiatry • Nursing & Rehabilitation • Obstetrics & Gynaecology • Odontology & Maxillofacial surgery • Oncology • Ophthalmology • Otorhinolaryngology • Paediatrics • Posters • Public Health • Radiology • Surgery I: General surgery • Surgery II: Cardiac surgery, Orthopaedics and trauma, Paediatric surgery, etc. • Veterinary medicine If a session has less than 7 accepted abstracts, the IHSC 2022 Organising Committee reserves the right to move the abstracts to another session or combine sections.
Abstracts are only submitted by active participants. Abstracts must be uploaded to the International Health Sciences Conference website. Submission is open to university students who are pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree from any accredited higher education institution. Submission dates are as follows:
1st of December, 2021 – 18th of February, 2022, 23:53 EET
If you do not submit an abstract to IHSC 2022, you can still participate in the conference as a passive participant. In this case you should fill the passive participant's registration form. If you submitted an abstract, you will be considered an active participant and will be registered automatically.
Terms for registering and accepting abstracts:
Abstracts must be written in English.
Abstracts can be submitted for oral or poster presentation. Authors are asked for their preference. However, the final decision of presentation type will be made by the IHSC 2022 reviewers.
Abstracts should not be longer than 3000 characters (including spaces). References are not included in character limitations.
Abstracts must include authors, affiliations and the following parts:
Introduction – short information that introduces the background of the research and illustrates its scientific problem;
Aim – a short description of what you wished to accomplish;
Methods – a description of methods and materials used in the research, including the type of study and statistical methods;
Results – a description of the obtained results;
Conclusions – a summary of your research and answers to the objectives. Try to avoid phrases such as "scientific research is in progress", "the results and conclusions will be presented at the conference";
References – a list of literature sources which were used during your study. Sources for the abstract must not be older than 10 years (except for meta-analysis and systematic reviews - no more than 20% of the references can be older than 10 years). Citations should be written in Vancouver Citation Style.
The primary review will be done by two independent experts. Based on their decision abstracts will be:
Accepted with modifications (secondary review is needed)
Each author will be asked to read and sign the statement of authorship as well as declare there was no conflict of interest during the making of the abstract when submitting an abstract.
Clinical cases and literature reviews are not accepted at the conference. Exceptions apply for systematic reviews and meta-analysis (for further information see the literature review section).
We recommend to have a permission issued by the biomedical research ethical committee. However, if authors do not have this permission, there is a possibility for the abstracts to be reviewed by the bioethical committee before the conference.
Abstracts must not have been published in any format before (e.g., the Abstract book).
The approved abstract will be published without editing. For this reason, we advise you to make sure there are no mistakes left. The IHSC 2022 Organising Committee will not be responsible for any errors in the submitted abstracts.
In order to make a comparable number of abstracts in each session, the Organising Committee reserves the right to transfer an abstract to another session.
Only abstracts that comply with the terms and requirements will be published in the Abstract book.
By uploading abstracts, participants agree to the Terms for registering and accepting abstracts.
Posters must comply with the requirements as described below:
1. All posters will be presented at the virtual Posters' session.
2. A poster is NOT equivalent to an abstract presentation. A poster should illustrate the main points of focus of the abstract in a provided official IHSC 2022 template.
3. Posters should follow the requirements as specified in Abstract requirements, should be presented using given template and follow given poster requirements (abbreviated version of an abstract).
More details about the presentation of the posters will be provided soon.
If the provided template is not used, the Organising Committee reserves the right to not publish it in the abstract book.
Systematic literature reviews and meta-analysis are accepted in IHSC 2022.
1. Meta-analysis is a quantitative, formal, epidemiological study design used to systematically assess previous research studies to derive conclusions about that body of research (1).
2. Systematic reviews retrieve, appraise and summarize all the available evidence on a specific health question. They are designed to reduce the effect of the reviewers' own bias, and a full protocol should be written to define and guide the process. The appropriate resources should be in place before undertaking a review (2).
3. Used criteria must be reflected in the abstract’s methodology. Extensive guidelines for reporting can be found on https://www.equator-network.org/
1. Meta-analysis in medical research - PubMed [Internet]. [cited 2021 Nov 4]. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21487488/
2. A W, K S. Systematic literature reviews. Complement Ther Med [Internet]. 2005 [cited 2021 Nov 4];13(1):54–60. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15907679/
We recommend all abstracts to have a permission issued by the biomedical researches ethical committee. If an abstract does not have such permission, we require the authors to provide an explanation. There is a possibility for the abstracts to be reviewed by the bioethical committee beforehand.
Oral presentations must comply with the requirements as described below:
1. The presentations should be prepared in English.
2. Presentations should be prepared using Microsoft Office Power Point. Presenters take full responsibility for file formats and the quality of the presentation.
3. The oral presentation should last no longer than 7 minutes, followed by a 2-minute discussion and questions.
4. Only one of the co-authors can be a presenter. The presenter must participate in the discussion after the presentation. Co-authors may also take part in the discussion.
5. The presentation files should be sent to the session coordinator a week before the beginning of the Conference.
6. Authors will be asked to use official IHSC 2022 presentation template for their presentation. The template will be available soon.
7. If the provided template is not used, the Organising Committee reserves the right to not publish it in the abstract book.